Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Visit my Garden!


On Saturday, August 4, my garden will be one of five featured in Denver Botanic Gardens' Highlands Art Garden Tour. The gardens are open to visit from 1-3 p.m., and are preceded by a lecture at DBG by award-winning author and landscape designer Julie Moir Messervy. The lecture and tour will explore the ideas of art as an inspiration for garden design, and gardens as an inspiration for art.

My garden, though over 20 years in the making, is also my “laboratory” and always being edited and reinvented. I have been working the past few years on creating a prairie garden and adding more regional plantings. For the tour I will feature the artwork of several local sculptors and my own art quilts as well.

Please join us for a fun and inspiring day! Tickets range from $16-$25, and may be purchased here or by calling Denver Botanic Gardens at 720-865-3580.

No comments: