Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Bloggers' Bloom Day


It is the custom, I’ve been told, to post what’s blooming in the garden on the 15th of each month. So, being the responsible garden blogger that I am, I present my list:

SHRUBS
fern-leaf pea shrub---Caragana
cameo quince--- Chaenomeles
lilac---Syringa

PERENNIALS
periwinkle---Vinca major & minor
snow-in-summer---Cerastium
ballerina & bloody cranesbill geraniums---Geranium
bluestar---Amsonia
false forget-me-not---Brunnera
spiderwort---Tradescantia
mullen---Verbascum
Turkish & woolly veronicas---Veronica
yellow flowering ice plant---Delosperma
wallflower---Chamaenerion
basket-of-gold---Aurinia
cottage pinks---Dianthus
bugleweed---Ajuga
creeping phlox---Phlox

BULBS
tulips---Tulipa
Allium

Any day now….
red & white valerians---Centranthus
bearded iris---Iris
Mormon tea---Ephedra
beautybush---Kolkwitzia

Keep in mind that these are just the things in my garden that are blooming today!
Photo: creeping phlox (Phlox subulata).

No comments: