Thursday, May 23, 2013

When More is More . . . and Free Garden Tour Tickets!


Garden tour season is upon us, and one of my perennial favorites is the Enchanted Gardens Tour of Northwest Denver, a benefit for The Conflict Center. This tour always presents a wide array of gardens — from simple, zen-like spaces, to urban homestead farms, to lush flower fantasies. The landscapes are mostly created by dedicated homeowners, not professional designers, like me. I find them to be a wealth of inspiration, especially when I come across a true gem, like the lavishly lush and art-filled garden of Holly Fliniau.

I'm a minimalist at heart; too much stuff and clutter makes me feel overstimulated and / or claustrophobic.  But Holly, who gardens her property with her mom, Sandy Fliniau, manages to combine just the right proportion of plants to hardscape to cool stuff to keep me wanting more.

Holly and Sandy have participated in the Enchanted Gardens Tour of Northwest Denver at least twice (and graciously allowed me to take and share these photos). The gardens selected for this year's tour is top secret, but wouldn't you love to discover a wondrous landscape like this one?

The Conflict Center has generously given me a pair of tickets to give away here on the blog — a $30.00 value!  Please leave a comment on this post by midnight on Friday, May 31st, and I'll announce a winner on Saturday, June 1st.

The 2013 Enchanted Gardens Tour of Northwest Denver is Saturday, June 8th, 9am-4pm, Rain or Shine!

PS Holly and Sandy were recently featured in a nice article by Jane Shellenberger in the April issue of Colorado Gardener.

3 comments:

Deb said...

Great that you remind people of this fun garden tour and The Conflict Center that benefits so many people.
Thanks for keeping me up to speed in the gardening world.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jocelyn When I see gardens like you display here, it is so inspiring. Back to the Nursery's we go! Hope to go to the show this year :) and see you. Have a delicious day. Simone and Janice

Janet Kemper said...

Looking forward to the tour, for the 1st time this year. Your photos have got me all excited for it!